The main value of any company is its employees. And GP Solutions is not an exception.
Therefore, planning to recreate the atmosphere of the past 20 years, we decided to start with GP Team. Precisely, from the most unforgettable part of it — people who have been working and developing for more than 10 years, relaxing and having fun together.
We asked the guys to share their story, tell us what important happened in their lives during the years of working at GP Solutions, what they remembered most.
There are quite a lot of people who have been with the company for more than 10 years, and there are even more stories:)
Antonina,Project manager/Business analyst:
– I joined GP Solutions in 2006, started as XSLT developer. I was naive and ambitious person. I thought that I will create scripts that will work in stead of me. However, that was not simple the scripts were already there and needed support. My first project revealed me a world of low cost travelling.
I always dreamed to travel all over the world. Thanks to GP Solution I was able to visit Ireland, Germany, Canada, Malaysia, Singapore and the Philippines!
5 years ago I moved to Germany. Right now I am Product Owner of the challenging project PropertyView. And I also become a mother of a little princess, I teach her to see the beauty of the world and practice magic, she is travelling with me from birth and even before that.
Dmitry, Front-end developer:
– I’ve been working for GP Solutions for almost 11 years. I came as a “spring chicken” student, without any experience, that was taken most likely only for the fire in the eyes and passion for everything new. In addition to projects and income, I can say that during this time the company has given me an opportunity to meet many wonderful people, with many of whom I have friendly relations.
While working for the company, I got married and had two kids, although there are probably people in GP Solutions who remember me by the phrases “that’s why I’m not getting married” and “you sound like my ex.” However, I still use the latter sometimes;)
Alena, Head of HR:
– More than 10 years ago I met my husband and GP Solutions.
Then I could not imagine that a long-term happy relationship would be built, in which trust and freedom, drive and reliability are so coolly combined. Both families have grown up))) And they inspire me to continue to grow together.
Tatyana, Project manager/Business analyst:
– When I came to the interview in GP Solutions in 2010, I dreamed that I would be hired by the company and released from business trips to lovely Baranovichi. During these 11+ years in the company, I have done a lot that I had done and a lot that hadn’t)
I ate trdlo at Christmas in Prague, climbed the Teide to shout “King of the Mountain”. Sang “San Francisco – city in style disco” in San Francisco. Started projects, continued, completed them. Saw big and small budgets. I have worked and am working with cool specialists, nice people, I found here friends and buddies (before that have some too :), with whom it’s cool not only to work with. As my colleague said: “Give me a new manager, she knows too much about me!”
GP Solutions is a story about great people.
Kate, Project manager:
– I have been working in GP Solutions since 2009. I will never forget the “toughest” selection for the position of office manager. At that time, the IT sphere was not as popular and prestigious as it is now, so I didn’t understand how lucky I was right away)) I’ve been trying myself in different positions: an office manager, a human resources specialist, a business analyst, and finally I found myself in… project management!
Like 13, 10, 5 years ago, and now, I think that the most important thing in work, as in life in general, is to do what you love, surround yourself with cool people and always believe that everything will work out!
Alexandr, Ruby developer:
– I joined GP Solutions almost 10 years ago. Before that, I was engaged in freelancing, but the expectation of the birth of my daughter made its own adjustments. After some time, my friends of my youth joined our team – and it became just like home.
10 years have passed. During this time, many interesting projects were completed, and most importantly – now our valiant managers have to prepare 2 sweet gifts for me for each New Year))
Cate, Project management officer (PMO):
– I was offered a PM/BA position in GP Solutions in 2011 after completing the training program there. Despite studying IT Management in the Academy of Public Administration I found this field rather tedious. But that training was an eye-opening experience.
My position provided me with a wild range of instruments for managing projects, processes, teams, risks and finances. And, more importantly, it enabled me to express my creativity and hence pursue my own ideas and ambitions. Barely two years passed and I was promoted as PMO. And here we are 11 years later – boy, wouldn’t I have guessed it back then 🙂